The Most Popular Cosmetic Surgeries for Men
When you think of cosmetic surgery, you may associate specific procedures with women, but men are a fast-growing demographic when it comes to aesthetic enhancements. The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) has released 2016 statistics that show an increasing number of men are having cosmetic surgery.
The top cosmetic surgeries performed on men in 2016 include:
- Liposuction: The ASAPS report lists lipo as the number one cosmetic procedure for men in 2016 with more than 45,000 surgeries. There are several types of liposuction, which vary in invasiveness such as SmartLipo™ and LipoDissolve™.
- Male Breast Reduction: Gynecomastia is a medical condition in which men of any age develop excess breast tissue or fat deposits in one or both breasts. This condition can be painful and embarrassing. Male breast reduction is performed to treat one in four men suffering with gynecomastia and typically involves tumescent liposuction. More than 31,000 gynecomastia surgeries were done in 2016.
- Eyelid Surgery: Blepharoplasty is done for cosmetic or functional reasons. Drooping eyelids can interfere with vision as well as make you appear older. Eyelid surgery corrects sagging skin in the upper and lower eyelids. More than 16,200 men had blepharoplasties in 2016.
- Rhinoplasty (nose surgery): Nose surgery was the third most popular plastic surgery for men and women in 2016 with more than 220,000 procedures performed. Rhinoplasty can change the size and shape of your nose and is typically done during teenage years up into the mid-twenties.
- BOTOX® Cosmetic: BOTOX® Cosmetic is used for a range of reasons from treating facial lines and wrinkles to excessive sweating. While it’s not a surgical procedure, BOTOX® Cosmetic is one of the most sought after injectables in America with 7 million treatments done on men and women in 2016.
Other popular procedures for men include neck lifts and chin augmentation to create a stronger jawline and address sagging skin in the neck and chin area.
If you’re interested in cosmetic surgery, please contact our cosmetic surgeon in Manhattan today at 212-308-1566 to schedule your consultation. Dr. Pakeman serves clients in NYC, Manhattan, nationwide and abroad.