Eyelid Surgery Terms and Phrases you should know
Published on June 10, 2015 by Basil Pakeman
As you research the eyelid surgery procedure, you may come across the following terms –
- Blepharoplasty: simply a more technical term for eyelid surgery. It describes the procedure that rejuvenates the appearance of the upper and/or lower eyelids.
- Transconjunctival incision: an incision made inside of the lower eyelid. This incision is sometimes used for lower eyelid surgery, or the incision may be made along the lower lash line. Both types are well hidden.
- Laser resurfacing: laser treatment that improves the skin’s surface texture. Laser resurfacing can be used on the lower lids in combination with eyelid surgery. This combination greatly enhances the rejuvenation results you can achieve.
- Lower eye bags: the excess deposits of fat beneath your lower eyelid. Lower eyelid surgery can remove these sagging deposits of fat.
- Natural eyelid contour: the curve formed by the fold of your upper eyelid. The upper eyelid contour becomes obscured when the skin is puffy, and eyelid surgery can restore the definition of the contour.
- Vision impairment: occurs when puffy, sagging upper eyelid skin pushes into your field of vision. Upper eyelid surgery restores a normal eyelid so that you can see clearly.
The best way to learn more about the details of the procedure and whether it can accomplish your cosmetic goals is to schedule a consultation with an experienced cosmetic surgeon like Dr. Pakeman.
To schedule a consultation with experienced cosmetic surgeon Dr. Basil Pakeman to discuss whether blepharoplasty may be the right way to rejuvenate your eyes, please call Manhattan Surgical Care at 212-308-1566 .