What You Need to Know About Liposuction
You’ve struggled for years to get rid of stubborn fat in your abdomen, thighs or other problem areas. You’ve tried exercise, diet and may have even experimented with dietary supplements that promised to aid in losing unwanted fat, but you still have a few pounds here and there that won’t go away through non-surgical methods. Many adults have contemplated whether liposuction is right for them, but most men and women don’t know the details and options involved with lipo.
Some of the things you need to know about liposuction before undergoing surgery include:
- You have more options than traditional liposuction such as laser-assisted lipo, or SmartLipo™.
- Laser-assisted liposuction causes less bruising and swelling because the laser heat liquefies the fat, making it easier to remove. The heat also stimulates collagen and elastin production to tighten and smooth your skin.
- You also have non-surgical alternatives such as CoolSculpting.
- Liposuction won’t get rid of cellulite and could make it appear worse—consider Cellulaze cellulite treatment to achieve your desired look after or in conjunction with liposuction.
- Your unwanted fat can be used to augment your breasts, give you a Brazilian butt lift or rejuvenate your face.
- Nearly every part of the body can have liposuction from the face to the ankles.
- Liposuction is best for adults who don’t smoke and have elastic, firm skin.
- You will need to wear a compression garment for several days (or weeks) after your procedure to aid in the recovery process and lessen swelling.
- You must take it easy and avoid strenuous activities for several weeks.
- You must have realistic expectations for the outcome of your liposuction procedure.
- Liposuction is not a weight loss tool, and you should be at or near your goal weight before considering lipo.
The most important aspect of your liposuction procedure is the cosmetic surgeon you choose. An experienced cosmetic surgeon such as our Dr. Pakeman in NYC can deliver the results you’re looking for and knows how to handle any potential complications that may arise. Dr. Pakeman can help you decide if liposuction is right for you and if an additional procedure can aid in reaching your ideal look.
Stop struggling with residual fat that won’t go away with diet and exercise, and contact Dr. Pakeman in NYC today at 212-308-1566 to schedule your liposuction consultation. Dr. Pakeman serves clients in NYC, Manhattan and nationwide.