What to ask your Cosmetic Surgeon
Published on January 7, 2015 by Basil Pakeman
If you are preparing to meet with and choose a cosmetic surgeon in New York City, you are probably wondering how best to prepare for the consultation. Below we’ve listed a selection of questions you may want to ask the cosmetic surgeon:
- Are you certified by the Royal College of Surgeons or any American medical boards? If so, what did you have to do to receive this certification?
- For how many years have you been performing cosmetic surgery?
- Why do you think I am a good candidate for the cosmetic procedure you are recommending?
- How many times have you performed the procedure in the last year?
- What are all the possible risks and complications associated with the procedure?
- What happens in the event of a complication?
- Where will the cosmetic procedure be performed?
- How long will it take for me to recover from the surgery? What should I expect during that downtime?
- What will my results look like?
- How long will the results last?
- Can you show me before-and-after photos of your past patients who have received the cosmetic procedure in which I am interested?
The cosmetic surgeon you meet with should be eager to answer your questions, and should also be open and honest in answering them. Experienced oculofacial and cosmetic surgeon Dr. Basil Pakeman is excited to meet you during a consultation to discuss all of your options for achieving your goals.
If you are searching for an experienced New York City cosmetic surgeon, please contact Manhattan Surgical Care to schedule a consultation with Basil Pakeman, MD, FRCS.